.

.

Translate

Thursday 24 December 2015

BLOGMAS DAY 22: The Christmas Red Lip

I think that the type of makeup most suited to Christmas is a red lip. The colour red has long been associated with Christmas and lots of people like to make themselves look festive by rocking one. Above I have three red lips that would be great on Christmas Day!

Rimmel Kate Moss '107': This would probably be my favourite from the selection as I feel like mattes are the most practical and suit me more than something a little more glossy. Unfortunately, this is not the most Christmassy colour as it is more berry than red and has quite purple tones running through it. Still you can still class it as a red lipstick just not in the most classic way. The pigmentation on this lipstick is great and has great lasting power without being a nightmare to take off.



Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in 'Fatal Red': I feel like this lipstick is more of your traditional Christmas red colour. This means that it is much brighter and more orange toned. If you want to be super Christmassy then this is the one to go to town with!







Bourjois Effect 3D Lipgloss in 09 'Rouge democratic': I think that this one would have to be my least favourite option, only because I find that Christmas Day involves a lot of eating and this has to be one of the most messy lip-glosses available. But apart from that it seems very bright and pigmented. A similar colour to the Maybelline lipstick.



SoElla X

No comments:

Post a Comment