.

.

Translate

Thursday 23 April 2015

Back to Black

 
When the time comes to buy some new clothes for the spring and summer, I sometimes just do not know where to start.
My wardrobe is full of black, navy and maroon shades from last month so when I need to buy new things I am stuck with the dilemma that if I purchase brighter colours I will have to buy matching outfits otherwise I will not have anything to wear together. You can maybe save up to do a complete refurbishment of your wardrobe, or if you are more inclined to stick with the black, then you can buy clothes with little pops of colour to make them more spring like, such as above the two clothing items have pops of orange and coral which brighten up the original items. Another great idea is to start adding white by purchasing patterned black and white clothing.
After a long winter you can feel shy about wearing brighter colours but these are great ideas to provide a transition from your winter gear to summer staples. Above are two clothing items from new look, one of which I purchased, on the right, which perfectly fit my recommendations.
Yes, they were originally black but that kinda got lost in the editing : )
 
SoElla x

6 comments:

  1. Add white to your wardrobe! It's a great way to lighten up and change your wardrobe scheme for the warmer months, but still pairs with your black pieces :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exactly the same, most of wardrobe is black, grey, brown or white! Very little colour, but its what i am most comfortable with, even in summer. :)

    <3
    Perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'm very shy about wearing those brighter colours <3

      BlogElla

      Delete
  3. I too like monochrome things and then I always end up not having something more bright for summer/spring. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! It's such a shame because I find that when the weather changes, I have to buy an entire new lot of clothes : (

      Delete